Bolton Hospitals NHS Trust offers patients a wide range of services based at the Royal Bolton Hospital in Farnworth, close to the M61, as well as some which take place in community settings.
The Trust was formed in April 1994 and serves the population of Bolton (around 265,000) plus some neighbouring areas. We had 45,692 emergency admissions in 2006/7, deliver over 4200 babies a year at the hospitalís Princess Anne Maternity Unit and have 674 inpatient beds, 32 day case beds and 15 endoscopy (gastrointestinal exploration) beds.
Our Vision is to be the best hospital in the NHS.
We believe that this means that, by 2011/12, we will achieve performance in the top 10% in the country aiming for:
- Best possible care for our patients
- Improved health for our community
- Joy and pride in work for our staff
- Value for money for the taxpayer.
Our strategic direction is focused on
- Providing excellent and accessible emergency care
- Providing a range of leading planned diagnostic and treatment services
- Being a specialist womenís and childrenís service
- Providing services closely integrated with primary and community services
- Being a leader in safety and quality at the most competitive cost.
The Trustís Chief Executive sits on the Vision Steering Group and other partnerships of the Local Strategic Partnership.
Our role is to bring to the Partnership the full commitment of the hospital, both as a service provider and employer, to joint working with other local agencies, in order to improve the health of the people of Bolton and pursue the other goals of the Vision Partnership.
To find out more, please contact us at:
Royal Bolton Hospital
Tel: 01204 390390